Railroad and Main is a part of a late 1800’s block of buildings originally named after the designer and architect, M.J. Marks. The Railroad and Main building is the same site where an original two story wood building once stood. This building housed a cooperative mercantile owned by William Dean and Ernst Friedenthal. Following a successful run in the business, the original building burnt down. William Dean and Ernst Friedenthal later became the first tenants of the newly constructed building, carrying mining equipment, hardware supplies, clothing and even food and sundries in their store. Since then, this building has seen many owners over several generations who have all lovingly cared for it.